Why do Mamma Jamma riders love raising money for the The Sustainable Food Center and their Happy Kitchen/La Cocina Allegre classes?
At least one-third of cancer deaths in the U.S. are attributable to dietary factors according to the American Cancer Society. Obesity, or a high BMI, are risk factors for developing breast cancer. Good nutritional practices can mitigate those risks.
Happy Kitchen/La Cocina Allegre classes provide cooking and nutrition instruction that teach and empower cancer survivors to:
- Prevent recurrence by preparing sustainable, healthy foods.
- Improve recovery from treatment.
- Prevent future cases in family members who learn how to live a healthy lifestyle.
A little money goes a long way:
- $15 – A cookbook for one survivor
- $20 – “Recipe” groceries for 1 survivor, per 6 week class
- $50 – 1 instructor for 1 class
- $75 – Educational materials for 1 6-week class, serving 25 survivors
- $165 – Life-changing 6-week course for 1 survivor, including groceries to prepare recipes at home with the survivor’s family.
Check out classes for yourself Happy Kitchen/La Cocina Allegre.
REGISTER FOR THE MAMMA JAMMA to support this impactful organization.