Everyone knows that exercise is good for you. When you ride your bike with Mamma Jamma, exercise isn’t just good for you, it’s good for everyone in our community who has to face breast cancer.
1. Ride your bike and your heart will love you. It increases cardiovascular fitness, reduces the risk of heart disease.
2. It tones and builds muscles, especially calves, thighs, and your derrier. It’s also a great exercise for those with joint conditions or injuries to the legs or hips, which might keep them from being active.
3. It trims your waistline: Biking burns a lot of calories especially when you increase your cadence by peddling a little faster. It will help you keep your weight down and give your metabolism a boost.
4. Cyclists live longer: Biking regularly has been associated with living longer, even when adjusted for risks of injury through cycling.
5. It’s good for your head: Riding a bike has been linked to improved mental health.
6. It boosts your immune system: Biking like all exercise can help strengthen your immune system, and could protect against certain kinds of cancers.
Even with all of the health benefits to cycling, a lot of us just ride for fun. Mamma Jamma makes that really easy with an awesome group of volunteers who provide organized and well supported training rides every weekend. Whether you’re riding for your health or just for fun, come join us.