How do you make something that was already pretty awesome even better? Easy! You listen and then you do! Many of you helped us last year by responding to our surveys and participating in focus groups and otherwise giving us feedback about the ride. Well we listened to what you had to say and have been working hard all winter to help make your suggestions a reality. We are really excited about all the positive changes and wanted to share.
First off, I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to our User Experience Designer, Lance Oditt, who has volunteered over 1000 hours over the last 10 months to help the ride. He has done user research, analytics, experience design, web design, and so much more. We are really excited to present some of the fruits of his labor.
- New website – designed to be very user friendly, mobile responsive, and to tell the Mamma Jamma story at every turn. We’ve also got a new server who will make sure we are always speedy and always on!
- New fundraising website –We think you will love how easy, uncomplicated, and fast it is!
- New volunteer organization tool – Volunteers will be able to see all of the opportunities in one place and sign up for the specific job and time they want to work.
- New date – This year we will be kicking off breast cancer awareness month with the ride on September 27th!
- New Route – Our route mapping volunteers have been working overtime on planning a stunning and beautiful ride. We can’t wait to unveil it when we get everything approved.
- Fundraising Parties – Some of you indicated that fundraising was tough for you so we have gone over and above this year to make it easy and fun. Starting in mid-June, we’ll have weekly get-togethers after each training ride with mimosas, munchies, & music. Our awesome volunteers will help you get registered, and started on fundraising with our new fundraising tool. We’ll have games, and prizes for milestones reached.
- Fundraising Guarantee – We are so confident that we can help you reach your goal, we’ll GUARANTEE it! If you come to three of our parties, do as we ask and still don’t reach your goal, we will invite you to come ride anyway just for trying it our way.
- Fundraising Minimum is $250 – Many of you said you could get a lot more friends to ride if we did this and the board listened! So come back and bring a friend! They only have to raise $250 to ride this year so let’s make this the biggest Mamma Jamma Ride ever!
We hope you’ll be as excited about all this positive change as we are and look forward to hearing your feedback as always!