It’s one week until our Kick-Off Party and we’re really excited to see everyone again as we celebrate our accomplishments from last year and kick off this year. Please share the event with everyone you know and invite them to come join us for an evening of celebration and fun!
We have a lot of things to celebrate from last year. We had an amazing volunteer production team who really came through with organizing everything and enabled us to put more than $20,000 that would have been spent on production staff to work helping people with breast cancer. On average, people raised over $100 more per person than we asked. We had a record number of kids participate thanks in part to the recruiting efforts of the Hall family. In fact one of those kids was one of our top fundraisers! We’ll recognize him and everyone else who went over and above at the event next week. If you’d like to nominate someone for doing something awesome for the Mamma Jamma, we’d love to hear from you!
In addition to celebrating last year, we’ll hear from a survivor who has been part of the ride since the beginning. One thing we hear a lot from the survivors who ride is that they want to pay forward the help they got when they were going through breast cancer. Well this lady has been paying it forward in spades with her involvement in one of the organizations who helped her most.
It’s going to be a lot of fun and we hope you’ll join us! Here are some highlights:
- Discounted rider registration for everyone
- Free registration for those who find one of our special pink flamingos at the party.
- Minor Mishap Marching Band will entertain us
- Delectable desserts & appetizers from the Natural Epicurean
- Juice from the Juicebox
- Cocktails from Treaty Oak Distilling
- Silent Auction: Fine Organic Vodkas made with Texas Rainwater from Banner Distilling, Gift Cards from Bicycle Sport Shop, Rudy’s, Mighty Fine, Tiny Pies & Regal Cinema, Cupprimo, Flowers from Cowgirls & Flowers & more
- REI Bike Raffle – Our awesome sponsor REI is once again donating a bike for the ride and this year you can purchase raffle tickets to win! You can also sign up to sell raffle tickets if you want an easy way to do your fundraising.
Hope to see you all there! If you have something you or your company would like to donate for the auction, please bring it by the office at 7537 Cameron Road between 10 am and 2 pm on Saturday! We’ll be prepping everything for the party then.
Thanks for all you do!