Did You Know?
- Susan G. Komen® Austin is a locally-based nonprofit.
- Komen Austin is the only local breast cancer organization attacking the disease on all fronts – education, screening, treatment, follow-up care, survivorship support, advocacy and research.
- Since 1999 Komen Austin has invested nearly $11 million into breast health services and educational efforts in Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson counties.
- In the last six years alone, Komen Austin has funded over 63,000 breast health services and educational efforts.
- Close to $5 million has been raised by Komen Austin to fund global research studies to find the cures for breast cancer.
Through fundraising efforts like The Texas Mamma Jamma Ride, Komen Austin is able to save lives locally. We believe that no woman should die of breast cancer because she cannot access care.
Join us in the fight and sign up for this year’s Mamma Jamma Ride – we look forward to seeing all of you there!
About Mamma Jamma Ride
The Texas Mamma Jamma Ride is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 2009 and dedicated to raising funds to help families in our local community facing breast cancer. Our amazing community of cyclists, volunteers, sponsors, and beneficiary organizations come together each fall to participate in one of the best supported and most fun bike rides in Texas. Easily accessible to San Antonio, Austin, San Marcos & New Braunfels, this year’s event will be held in Martindale on the San Marcos River and will feature an all day celebration with live music from Clyde, The Tiarra Girls, NoStone, & Acoustalyn, face painting & balloons, awesome food, adult & other refreshments. Together, we have raised more than 2.3 million dollars to help save and improve the lives of those facing breast cancer. Register to ride or Volunteer today!